Monday, July 2, 2012

"Hydrangeas"



Good Morning!  I wanted to share my latest painting "Hydrangeas" 16"x20"x2" oil on canvas.  Here in Fayetteville AR in May and June, hydrangeas are everywhere and they are beautiful!  I've wanted to paint them for a few years now but, I have to admit, I was a little intimidated by the complexity of them.  I mean, there are so many petals!  My fear was that I would overwork them and lose the softness and painterly look I'm working so hard to develop.  I'm so glad I did it now.  I'm finally figuring out that the best way to take on a big or difficult project is to JUST DO IT!  In my case, just getting paint on the canvas and getting rid of all that glaring white helps me get going.  As for all those petals, I think I was able to keep it loose while still making it clear that these are hydrangeas.  This painting is available from my website at this link.

No comments: